Sunday, December 12, 2004

Rotorcraft research not aerospace engineering?

I have been wondering about this for quite some time now. I suppose an example conversation between me and a stranger will explain what I mean:

Me: Hello. How do you do?
Stranger: Hi! How are you?
... Polite conversation about weather and other things...
Stranger: So what do you do?
Me: ummm... errr.. (other muttering noises) I am a student doing my PhD.
Stranger: What field? Computer Engineering? (Aside to themselves: since you are an Indian.)
Me: Aerospace Engineering.
Stranger: That is nice. So do you build spacecrafts?
Me: No.
Stranger: Satellites then?
Me: No. My research is mainly helicopter aerodynamics.
Stranger: (Politely) Oh! That is interesting. (Aside: Did you not say aerospace engineering?)

So is rotorcraft research really aerospace engineering?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are the forgotten branch... :)
MR

Blogger said...

Haha.
I like the way you express yourself. :)
Anyway,
you shouldnt bother if your counter aint moving.
Blogging is more of an outlet for you to unleash ur innermost emotions.

I daresay having less readers may be good too.
Having 2 blogs in the past which ive closed down,
ive realised that blogging may be like washing your dirty linen in public.

That newly acquired knowledge doesnt stop me from blogging tho. Im just too damn lazy to write out in my own journals or diaries. haha.

Keep writing ey?