Thursday, December 30, 2004

Cognitive overload

Yes, that's what they are calling it and I after skimming through the article I am sure I suffer from it. From what I gathered they seem to say that the pervasiveness of technology in our lives has cause shrinking attention spans and encompasses the modern-day angst of stress, multitasking, distraction and data flurries. Although I don't agree with one thing there, they say that the normal attention span is about 12 minutes. To me that is 11 minutes too long. I am not sure what exactly they were talking about because I kind of got distracted with a an email, an IM window and an RSS update. What about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, its taking me longer than 30 secs to read the whole thing...and i am not really sure i can spare so long in bulk to provide any more comments.....