Monday, March 05, 2007

Spring cleaning

I'm bored, can you tell?

So now that I've overcome the inertia and have started dusting off the cobwebs off of my decrepit blog, I'm trying to come up with things to do with it or post to it.

I'd like a new design (layout, color scheme, fonts) for the blog. Blogger has a small list of templates, none of which I particularly like over the present one. So even after two years... this seems like the best of the worst. Wow! Just had a realization that my tastes haven't changed much over the last two years. Not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

I notice that the blogger interface had changed quite a bit. I'd read about the renovations on Slashdot ages ago, but never bothered to do the migration, nor did I check out the new interface. The labels option seems like a good addition. Me likee. So now that brings the question of whether I should have different blogs for topics, like rants, computer geekery, and *sigh* cats... (of course, this one will always be the home of pointless rants and in-my-egotistical-opinion funny writings), or just use labels to tag articles appropriately. But then again, if I use labels, will I be able to do sub-categories? I guess I'll have to investigate blogger features to figure this out.

At this point, a faint voice in my head gently reminds me that the more important issue here is: am I going to sustain enough interest in this blogging fad long enough to run into limitations of labeling system in blogger? Judging by the last time, probably not. I guess that pretty much answers it.

Random thought(s) that popped into my head while writing this entry: I was reminded of this funny xkcd comic while talking about cats.

No comments: