Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Beware of the leopard

In anticipation of the exciting event unveiling next week, I have taken to greeting everyone with phrases like "Hey frood! How are you?" And let me tell you, it hasn't been going very well. The reaction I have been getting so far, which I firmly believe is not the proper response to that question, which in case if you are wondering is "I can never get the hang of Tuesdays. So how are you hoopy Florist?" --- as an aside you get extra points if you can work in the word sass in the previous sentence, is a very eloquent "Uh?"

Which, of course, makes me wonder... am I hanging out with the right crowd? Probably not. Anyway, to those still wondering, I am talking about the release of the Hitchhikers movie. The reviews have been mixed so far which is understandable... the guide isn't popular for its accuracy and so the different versions (text, radio shows, tv shows and the movie) are bound to be different to keep with the spirit of the Guide. However, I found myself cringing when I saw a snippet from the movie - the sperm whale incident. I think the trouble was that I remembered the sentences in the book and when the dialogues in the movie didn't match the ones in my brain there was a certain degree of uncomfortableness. So in case you are planning to review the text before going out to see the movie, like you did for LOTR, my suggestion is, Don't!

So long and have a nice day, while I sit back and wonder what it was that the bowl of petunias were thinking when they said, "Oh no! Not again." I wonder if they were working for a professor.

No comments: