Friday, March 14, 2008

Detecting computer addiction

People, especially my wife, have been telling me that I spend way too much time fiddling with computers, so much so that it borders on obsession. There have been times when my wife would be telling me something but I'm so engrossed in something that I actually don't hear a word of what she's saying. Yet, I never believed that I was at the point where I needed help. Until recently...

The first sign was a few days ago, when while chatting I needed to quote another person, and since the quote was a bit long, I wanted to type it out on multiple lines and I entered """ to indicate a multi-line string.

And today I was reading a headline on Slashdot, FBI Hid Patriot Act Abuses and the first thought that goes into my mind is: Why is HID written as Hid?. Once that thought was popped off the stack, the next thought that popped up was: Why is FBI interested in HID?

To those who're laughing at me right now, and mentally agreeing that I need help, I've got news for you. You understood what in the world I was talking about and you'll probably be like me someday soon.

And as for those who've no idea what I'm talking about. The """ is from Python programming language. And HID is Human Interface Devices in computer parlance.

1 comment:

Maccanena said...

You? Obsessed? Nah ;)