Friday, May 04, 2007

Blogging goes desi (देसी)

At the risk of annoying two-thirds of my readership, here goes a blog about Hindi, written in Hindi.

आज का ताजा खबर! अब आप हिंदी में ब्लोग कर सकते हो| अधिक जानकारी के लिए इस लिंक पर देखिए|

For those wearing the Babel Fish in their ears, you'll read this as (hmmm... I don't know how reading works! May be the eggs that Babel Fish lays swims in your aqueous/vitreous humour, and renders them correctly?): Breaking news! Now you can blog in Hindi. For more details, follow this link. (I'm too lazy to paste the links here again, you can click on the links in the Hindi text. Not sure which is which is which, then it would just like shooting in the dark, wouldn't it?)

I must say that this "transliteration" thing works pretty well. Because I'm not using a Hindi keyboard, or using the Hindi character map to generate these. All I did was type "Aaj ka taaza khabar" and it converted it on-the-fly (at the end of every word) to its Hindi equivalent.

P.S. I guess this means that I can write things like हाल कैसा है जनाब का? क्या ख़याल है आपका... and Kate will just have to learn Hindi fast enough and make sense out of it. ;)

To spoof livejournal

Current mood: Impressed
Current fad: think about more blogs to post in hindi

2 comments:

Maccanena said...

Cool! :)

Sreejit said...

A point to note is that the word 'Hindi' is spelt incorrectly in Hindi. It was spelt incorrectly even in the googleblog link provided. Guess the transliteration tool has some more learning to do ;-)