Friday, January 21, 2005

It happens only in India... (again!)

A good friend of mine sent this news article about an eight year old girl being married to a dog! He comments, "How do you send a whole nation to the dogs... you start one at a time!!" Surely, I cannot have said it better. And don't forget to read the last paragraph in the article. That really takes the cake. I am curious now, what khaandaan (lineage) is the dog from that it can command such a dowry. I am wondering if I should go get myself appraised to see if I am worth more than that dog? I am scared to find out.

1 comment:

Maccanena said...

If the girl was twice the age, let's say 16 or older, I would say that she would be gaining some independence, a nice amount of money (I am guessing) and a cute pet to keep her company. However, the girl is only 8, which is quite disturbing...